Sunday, April 25, 2021

Week 86: It's a boy!

 Hello everyone!


Well, this week felt extremely long because of all the change! But that's okay, it's over!!!

Started off Elder Stringham and I, but he is now no longer. He hit a one and done here in Airdrie and I stayed despite being here longer. The reason for staying is that... I am training!!! We got the call tuesday and I was hyped!!! President had alluded to me possibly doing some other stuff, but I was like nah president i wanna train. And surprisingly I am!! (So teaching a brand new missionary straight from home.)

So we went and picked him up wednesday night with all the other trainers. His name is Elder Northcott, from Edomonton. He thinks Edmonton is comparable to Toronto as a city. It's so funny. So the trainer meeting itself was fun, but what was even more fun is seeing all these missionaries I haven't seen in months who I served with in Lethbridge!

The first hour with him we went to a park for a walk to try and lowkey street contact and got two facebooks! Gotta start his mission off well! The first night we got to stay in a trio with elder Stringham which was insanely good. I miss Stringham now.

So tbh training has been hard, but fun. I expected it to just be teaching him the way of missionary work. Just like the how. I didn't realize how much there is to learn in all spectrums of life. So that's been a grind. I will say, I think virtual Mtc prepares less too haha. But it's been so great and we are both learning lots. Being a missionary is overwhelming I'm realizing. Lots of new info. New missionaries are meant to have this fire and motivation, but I feel like I have it more than him and I'm trying to get it to him haha. But that's okay, it still has the same effect of motivation for the end of my mission! 

There's been some very awkward moments and funny ones. More of those than not. But also some nice moments and little miracles. That's what this work is! Doing our little tiny part and God doing the rest. So that'll be the same with training. 

Hope everyone has a great week! Being a new parent is just hard smh. 

Love

Elder Fiore 

1. Transfer station  with Stringham and Flem the Flamingo 
2.language study
3. Trainer meeting!
4.trio gang
5.bye bye Stringham:/
6. Transfer station again!
7. Out and about sneaky street contacting
8. Church 
9. Bye bye elder Faganello
10. Personal study! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Homecoming!

 To say we were excited is an understatement! I spoke with Zach that morning before he left: We were all anxiously awaiting at the airport! ...