Thursday, December 26, 2019

Week 18: Dengue it for real

So I did officially have dengue and this has been the worst week of my life. I was home all day and the days went by super slow. I don't have much to say other than I am really struggling here and the dengue has had an additional emotional impact which has been really hard. I'm trying really hard here. I promise I'm trying. But I'm finding it really hard. I can't write the emails all positive because I have had a really tough week and I have to be honest. Hardest week of my young life. 

I tried contacting and going out to do missionary work and kept having to sit down because I felt so sick. I'd just sit in the road while the others I was with finished talking with people.


On a better note we went carolling a few nights which was good. Felt like Christmas for brief moments. It was really nice. We also had a mission Christmas party which was fine. Merry Christmas everyone! Merry Christmas. 

Elder Fiore

Mom's note:

Here are a few pics he sent. It has truly been a difficult week.

The rash was all over his body, his fever was high and he had headaches, ached and pains everywhere. Not very pleasant. It also brought on some significant anxiety and depression - being so sick, far from home especially around this time of year. He had to spend most of the week trying to recover - which made the days go by so slowly. He did get to the mission Christmas party which was nice fo him to see some MTC friends.

His Christmas package that I sent on Oct 1 still had not arrived the we spoke with him on Pday. I was praying for a miracle and had emailed the mission office. Late on Christmas Eve, they emailed me to say it had arrived and they would try to get it to him. So, on Christmas morning, he received his package. A Christmas miracle! I wish I had put in better things lol - but he said it was the best gifts ever and made his Christmas!

HIs rash:






MTC buddies at the mission Christmas party:









I think this was a zone conference:










Dinner he was served one night: 



Christmas call with his Santa hat that was in his package:




Two pictures that described our prayers this week:








No comments:

Post a Comment

The Homecoming!

 To say we were excited is an understatement! I spoke with Zach that morning before he left: We were all anxiously awaiting at the airport! ...