Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Week 55: Delayed Goodbyes


Hello everyone!

So transfers happened this week! I'm staying a third with Moses which I wasn't very happy about. I never wanted to stay three with anyone and it was unheard of in Tahiti, but we are staying! 

We played some basketball with xander and Micheal , did some service, and had some meetings! There was also a zone covid scare but we are chillin now.

We got dinner with Zemenfes which was sweet! It was a goodbye dinner for moses as we thought he was leaving. He told us to wear normal clothes lol. Hes a recent convert from Eritrea.  His english is not very good but we teach him twice a week and it's getting better. He took us to Boston pizza. Hes so funny and a savage. He told moses "you're very fat. Shes very skinny (pointing to thewaitress)" then after a slight pause, "good babies". He just randomly said that. The raptors game was also on in the background but they got killed so I was sad. 

I had such a good talk with one of the zone leaders here about transfers. Moral was everything happens for a reason. Always lessons to be learned. It's so hard but so true. I've never not gotten something good out of a trial. I've never not at least seen a positive. Even if it's really hard in the moment. I dont know why we are both staying a third when I felt that it would be better for both of us and the area for a transfer. But I'll see it was for the best. President emailed me before transfers that he wanted to visit after  transfers, so maybe I'll find out the reason then. 

Hope everyone has a fantastic week! 

Love,

Elder Fiore

1. Soup kitchen
2. Basketball with Xander and Micheal
3. Nice place and sweater!
4. Dinner with Zemenfes!
5. FIORE







Extras:








No comments:

Post a Comment

The Homecoming!

 To say we were excited is an understatement! I spoke with Zach that morning before he left: We were all anxiously awaiting at the airport! ...