Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Week 56: Being a purposeful missionary is costly


Yooo,

Thanks for tuning in for another week of my life. This week was fine. 

In person church is back which was fun but different. It's always nice seeing more people though! 

We had some car sadnesses this week    :(. A flat tire on the highway, and well I got a Ticket. They have stupid cameras everywhere for speed and I didnt know. So I got a ticket going like 76 in a 60 (not even speeding tbh) and it was expensive. All those "how to be a good missionary" books and safety zone talk about walking fast and w a purpose. "It shows our message is important and that we are happy and motivated" etc etc. I thought that applied for driving. Police and the mission office don't think so :(. I was living on edge all week scared I'd get another in the mail cause you dont find out until after and I drive (reasonably) fast. So I was/still am actually stressing hard.

I posted some book of mormon and bible ads on marketplace and in some no rule buy swap and sell groups. I had a while ago too, but just re posted the ads. I got like 230 comments on one. Some bash, some riding out, some just full arguments in the comments. It was crazy. We dropped 3 books of mormon off from it though! The work is changing haha. But as we see so many times in the scriptures, adaptations are necessary ! Whether for finding or teaching. 

We tried to visit dorothy, an 87 year old we had been visiting for weeks. But she refused to speak w us or come down. The book of mormon was too hard and shes given up apparently. Shes a member lol. So that was fun. But we keep visiting old people, and then ask for names of who else we should visit, and get more old people so it's an awesome train. We visited back to back to back old single ladies yesterday! We are trying to spend most of our open time visiting people who need company.

Hope everyone has an awesome week! Be careful for speed traps. They're everywhere here. God is too. Hes always with you!

Love,
Elder Fiore

1.Deer
2.Package w winter stuff
3.Us
4.Sun behind smoke! There's less already :(











No comments:

Post a Comment

The Homecoming!

 To say we were excited is an understatement! I spoke with Zach that morning before he left: We were all anxiously awaiting at the airport! ...