Saturday, July 25, 2020

Week 48: Weekend Getaway

Well hello there,

This week was pleasant! 

Might as well start with the climax. We had a weekend trip to Brooks! A city 1 hour and 45 min from Lethbridge! We stayed in a vacant apartment next to the sisters there that the mission owns. We went to in person church for the first time since early March in Tahiti, met many members and a super super hype very recent convert who only really speaks french. We were supposed to teach a bit but they got cancelled. That's actually why we went. For the french work, as there are many french immigrants there! I connected with the 21 year old recent convert super well! We are gonna teach him in French so he better understands everything! It felt like we stayed in a hotel and I took a lot of stuff other missionaries had left behind, like a hydro flask, a blanket, candy, cosmetics, cleaning supplies etc. It was a fun getaway and drive! 

The other highlight of this week was in person backyard member visits! They are so fun. We had Sunday that went dinner at 6 (ribs), a zoom lesson with Xander and the families kids at 7, then a volleyball , foursquare, spike ball vibe game at 7:30 for an hour and a half w the whole fam. All at the same big backyarded house. It was soo fun and we got tight w the members. It was a great night! It's so fun in English and in canada with members! We've had so many great visits. 

Animal wise, we saw a deer. Huge antlers and all. Running around "downtown".  We followed it a bit. It was funny. Don't see that in Toronto often! 
I held a lizard as well and the parrot again

I was finally able to get in touch with Terehau (and Mami Anna) from Tahiti. First time since March! Terehau said she's waiting for me and wilk to be baptized (we are gonna try and convince her sooner but its sweet). She has been to church every week and visits w missionaries three times a week. Mami anna and Terehau were definitely a big reason why I served in Pare. I wasn't the happiest when I got put there in Tahiti at first, but I'm seeing so much in retrospect that i was there for a reason and I see the people I influenced . I'm also here for a reason in canada and Lethbridge. I think Xander has something to do with that. It may not make sense in the moment, but I've come to know there's a reason for everything and we are where we need to be when we need to be. Gods plan everyone. It's hard, but I've been trying to trust it more haha. 

Hope everyone has a great week! 

Love,

Elder Fiore

1. Water balloon fight with district
2. Deer
3. drive to Brooks
4.Potato
5.me





Other pictures:
















No comments:

Post a Comment

The Homecoming!

 To say we were excited is an understatement! I spoke with Zach that morning before he left: We were all anxiously awaiting at the airport! ...