Saturday, July 25, 2020

Week 47: Happy Birthday from around the world

Hello! 

This week actually went by fast! It's crazy how time flies with no bad anxiety every morning! It's been way better. Finally I can relate to people saying missions go by fast! Can't believe I've already been gone for almost a month! 

The highlight of this week was easily in person visits and dinners! We had quite a few and met some really awesome families. It led to nice long, fun visits that always leave me feeling so pumped and happy. The families here are so great! I've left like 5 families saying they're the best and so awesome! It's been so so good. We've talked quite a bit about toronto which I like too. Everyone has a connection there. It's nice. 

We invited Xander to baptism this week and I did it in the most awkward way then asked like 3 more times to confirm. It was hype though. Work is progressing! Lots of service too! Shoveling, moving garbage, food bank, etc.

I also had my birthday this week which was actually good! We had zone conference like all day over zoom, but were allowed to watch with other missionaries in our area which made it actually fun. My district (group of missionaries) got me a surprise cake and a joke gift which was so nice! I also got my package from my mom and Rachael which made for a nice birthday morning! At the multi zone conference (so missionaries from a few different parts of southern alberta) the missionaries sang happy birthday to me in 5 languages! English, french, Spanish, tagalog, and Maori! I just kneeled on camera through all of it! President and sister Keung (my mission pres and wife) are so loving and caring. I can feel it here a lot more.

Other than that, I held a 55 year old parrot, free panago pizza is now a weekly thing on fridays after we volunteer at the food bank, and I got a mini name tag and it's so cute. I laugh everytime I see it. 

We gave priesthood blessings this week and it was a pretty spiritual experience. The person i blessed was crying after words and thanked me for being in tune with the spirit because what "i" said was exactly what she needed to hear and what she was thinking a lot about. That really touched me. Firstly that I was able to be an instrument in gods hands to help her and bring her some comfort and guidance. Secondly that I was ready and spiritually in tune, as she said, for when I was needed. It really showed me the power of the priesthood and blessings, and also.the importance of being in tune and worthy for when we are needed. It was a tender experience.

Hope everyone has a great week this week! 

Love,

Elder Fiore!!

1. Diner with the Burtons!
2. the ZONE. 
3. 55 year old parrot max. She doesn't like the cold 
4. Birthday balloons with the district
5. Birthday lunch with cake!
6. Pizza in trunks





Other photos:



Getting his Birthday package:








No comments:

Post a Comment

The Homecoming!

 To say we were excited is an understatement! I spoke with Zach that morning before he left: We were all anxiously awaiting at the airport! ...