Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Week 46: Mask off, heckin mask off

Hello everyone! 

Another week done! Let's go

Firstly,  gotta shoutout Sam and Gabe who had birthdays this week. Also, Kierra whose birthday is the 12th next week(you're welcome kierra) and then of course mine monday the 13th 😉

We are now allowed not to wear masks which I like as It was so annoying for lessons. So we are becoming slightly more open! 

I'll start with the free stuff as per usual. We got free panago and BOTTLE drinks again which was nice. I also got a HUGE bag of pins from the sister missionaries and then a smaller bag for free from Facebook marketplace. So I have a bunch of Canadian pins now for my collection! 

The crazy part of this week is that we drove 30 min north of Lethbridge to the town of Picture Butte to drop off a bible. It was a fun little road trip and changed up routine which was nice. I like visiting more places. 

Work is starting to pick up as well! I had planned to make a few ads for facebook marketplace, but was kind of pushing it off. Then Elder Cattran (cheeky shoutout) said his bible ads were going well. So that was motivation to actually do it and it has been great! We have delivered 15 and got 4 others delivered through other missionaries. I love giving people the opportunity to get closer to Christ through the bible, and of course the free book of mormon we throw in. We also found a french speaking family of 5 that may want to meet again. Their english wasn't good so I was worried they wouldn't really.understand much with other missionaries. So I asked after we met via text what their first language was and he said french! So we can properly teach them and talk! So exciting. 

We also found the hypest 14 year old named Xander. We knocked on his door looking for his mom, but he answered. I felt prompted to give him a book of mormon, so I offered, he said "nah I'm atheist" I said "take it anyway, read it and we can come back next week", and he said okay! We've done three lessons with him now and it turns out he just has a lot of questions that we are now answering. He has a desire to actually learn and it's so great. I love him so much! I also 1v1ed Xandrer's brother (if I won he had to join the lesson). Two crazy dunks later he was sitting with us praying. Rim being 6 feet helped I think. Who knows.

Lastly, we made a hype video yesterday so check that out on Fb. I wouldn't be surprised if I got transferred to the Hollywood mission!

The work is definitely slower and easier (physically and mentally) here in Canada, but I know we are still helping people, whether online, with service or teaching. It's a unique time to be a missionary for sure but I trust God's plan for His work and children! It hasn't been too bad quarantine wise! We can still brighten days and change lives! 

Have a great week! 

Love, 

Elder Fiore


1.Road trip to picture butte! Taxes are due! that sign was everywhere
2. Its been pretty cold
3. panago pizza after food bank with members of the zone. FREE
4. The hype 14 year old xander. Hes lit. 






A few more pics:


A friend sent this picture from Facebook - they are allowed eating outside together!


I sent him some PJ's (nights are much cooler in Alberta than Tahiti! lol)



Love getting to talk to him without wifi connections. Having tech is such a blessing for us all!




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Homecoming!

 To say we were excited is an understatement! I spoke with Zach that morning before he left: We were all anxiously awaiting at the airport! ...