Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Week 45: Members > Facebook

Hello everyone! Happy Canada day!
I'll start with some Canada themed things! Firstly, we met an 80 year old at the church who learned organ and piano in his late 60s. He played us a bunch of hymns and O canada! It was super nice. It's nice being in canada honestly.

Secondly, at the foodbank we put these canada packages together which was fun. Canada themed everything! Tattoos, plates, napkins, pins, table clothes etc! 

This week started out with Elder Moses throwing his phone on the ground due to a hard facebook question we received. $190 later his phone screen was back working. Seeing that money go pained me despite it not being mine.

On the cheaper side, we got free panago pizza with bottle drinks. Yes, bottle. Not can. It was crazy 

I also got a free tie by messaging someone selling ties on facebook. Maybe my subject should be the opposite? But he was a member. Hmm

Oh and I finished the  new testament for the first time! Revelations is actually so good wow

Alright, so work wise! It's been hard cause we aren't teaching many people and we can't visit due to covid. BUT we came up with a great member plan that has been working super well. I love the members  so much and it's been great. We've met a bunch of members over zoom (and asked to do consistent zooms) to just get to know them, talk about missionary work, and share a spiritual thought. They've loved it too and I've had an easy time connecting to every family! We had a miracle even. We asked a family if they've had any missionary experiences and the 15 year old said "my friend said he wants to be baptized and asked where he could learn more. But I didn't know where he could go!" Our visit cleared that up and we are gonna start teaching him! So excited. Finding people on facebook has been a bit harder and some people are so mean! 

We also met with an 87 year old woman who hadn't been to church in like 30 years. We had a beautiful yelled lesson through masks and hearing problems. It went super well though! I love bringing people back to church! We've been working hard with that too!

Last Thursday marked  6 months from christmas day, the dengue fever and easily the lowest part of my life. When elder moses pointed out 6 months from christmas I cried. That time still haunts me a little to be honest.  I never thought I could make it here. Never thought I'd be on a mission 6 months out from then. Never thought I'd make it out of that dark pit feeling how I am today. It's still hard, but It's incredible how far I've come and how much I've learned. I know I couldn't have done it alone. Without the support of family, friends, Christ, God, prayers, scriptures and everything. The hardest trials do end and leave us with the best lessons. God and Christ know what's best for us and will help us overcome anything and everything. Christ is there to carry our burdens with us and give strength. 

Hope everyone has a great Canada day and week! I love you all! 

Elder Fiore

1. Me in the coulees after breaking our fishing rod. I thought the view was nice
2. Me and Elder Munoz
3. Fort made from garbage. "Tourist attraction" here
4. Free pizza WITH BOTTLES
5. Pday hike! with some of the zone. They play games while I call home the rest of the day.







A few more pics:







No comments:

Post a Comment

The Homecoming!

 To say we were excited is an understatement! I spoke with Zach that morning before he left: We were all anxiously awaiting at the airport! ...