Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Week 30: I puked and freaked out. Unrelated.

Hello,

Might as well start with the craziest bit of info that I'm on quarantine for the next 2 weeks meaning I won't be able to leave our missionary apartment. Remember that we have no technology or wifi or anything. It's gonna suck. 

So it all started Wednesday. I ate fish that had been in our fridge for 4 days. I had some stomach problems with it and then puked. So yea I got food poisoning. I was out a few days and it was horrible. Wilk was sick too so we were just chilling at home feeling sick. As we were at home we got a panic call from another Elder about how we can't teach sick people and touch people and stuff. We then got the call that church is cancelled world wide. So yea, two sick missionaries at home with no distractions, nothing to do. We started  FREAKING OUT about all these scenarios . I literally started picturing a dystopia where I can't do school and work after coming home early from my mission. I literally started packing. We freaked out. Our baptism even got cancelled. She made us two blankets each so we got  those. So the freaking out lasting a day or two and then I calmed down. Up until now and I'm freaking out again due to quarantine. So the chill lasted a day.

Sunday in between the freaking out was also wack. We served sacrament 6 times and did it with many members and were both pretty homesick, especially because it was wilk's birthday. It was kind of sad. We just thought of home. I've been thinking about home a bit more because it was feeling pretty close with the virus. I was hoping  to just get sent home and come back later, but nah we are staying. Its gonna be a long 2 weeks. 

So good luck everyone with what's going on. We will be out here studying and playing games all day which will get bored pretty fast. I just want wifi to talk to home haha but that's okay. Sacrifices for the Lord, eh.

Love Elder Fiore



Mom's note:
As doomy and gloomy as his email sounds, he was in decent spirits. It will be a trial being isolated for the two weeks. We came up with a list of things they can do - thank goodness he loves the guys he is with. This is certainly a trying time in life as well as a trying time in his mission. God speed to all the missionaries and people struggling through this Corona virus.... 
"And now I do not know all things but the Lord knoweth all things which are to come: wherefore, he worth in me to do according to his will" Words of Mormon 1:7.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Homecoming!

 To say we were excited is an understatement! I spoke with Zach that morning before he left: We were all anxiously awaiting at the airport! ...