Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Week 29: Went to Catholic Mass

Hello

So this week had some interesting events and plenty of cancellations! 20 lessons cancelled! That made the days go by a bit slower but I'm glad I'm in a situation where 20 can be cancelled.

One fun convo I liked was with one of our amis who was waiting a judgement, which was his baptismal block. He wasn't sentenced to two years jail so now we can keep going with him. So we went to his house for a lesson and asked what he did that day. He said he took his dogs to the beach. I said "you have two dogs?" Then he said, "well not anymore, there was an accident at the beach". So his dog drowned and he described it as the " slightly negative part of his day." I love this guy tho actually.

I also contacted a couple kissing on the side of the road. We stopped to answer the phone and they were making out across the street. Wilk dared me to do it so I awkwardly went over and interrupted. I got a phone numbers from it!!

We also went to the house of an ami, who tried to cancel the lesson cause he had too much work. So of course we offered to help, and took off our ties and everything to show we are ready. He warned us it would be tough and was worried, but we went anyway. We did dishes for an hour. He hyped it up way too much. We did it with laundry detergent which was horrible.

So the most fun part of the week was going to a Catholic church with Mami Anna and Terehau. They said Terehau would fully commit to our church if we came once lol. Terehau said it was her last time going so she wanted us there. Terehau is who we are baptizing this weekend. She wore a white robe and carried a huge cross leading 20 others in white robes and did the sacrament. It was wack she's being baptized this week but she's ready. Mami Anna also gave us xxxl coke shirts which is hype. We ate with her 3 times this week.

The sector is popping off still which is fun. Mornings are still hard. We also had 4 people come to church this week for the first time!!!! There are advantages to city. It's less beautiful though. We did a full tour of the island today and Tahiti is sooo beautiful I had no idea. I saw many beaches and mountains. Maybe I'll talk about that more next week when I have more time since it's technically in week 30. We will see.

Hope everyone has a great week

Love

Elder Fiore

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Homecoming!

 To say we were excited is an understatement! I spoke with Zach that morning before he left: We were all anxiously awaiting at the airport! ...