Monday, June 21, 2021

Week 95: I hugged two people

 Exactly 6 weeks until home. One full transfer. It's crazy to think I'm actually on the final bit now. Who would've thought it would come.


Another week passes and somehow flew by, we worked super hard, had some really cool lessons and tried not to get distracted by the Euro (huge soccer competition). Gotta be honest though we have a game schedule and tournament tree on our wall where we update scores. 

We had unbelievably good interviews with our mission president. I'm leaving soon after him, so he said I wouldn't get a real final interview, so we just did it (even though it's normally on your last week) The last ones are special because you reflect on the 2 years and all the memories and then the future, post mission life. So doing that with president was so nice. Both having lots of experiences from our missions, both going home soon. I also asked him a gospel question abt something i didn't know and he pondered it for a while and said he had no idea and has never been asked that, but now wanted to study it. We kept discussing and then he said he would ask Elder Wong of the 70 (a "higher up" leader) who spoke at general conference (our world wide conference) so that was funny. Hopefully I get my answer! They also had just been fully vaccinated so both president and sister keing felt invincible and hugged us. It was so cute. People always said to Sister Keung when she was in the Mtc that she couldn't hug elders, and she'd just say "well if you hear about a mission president's wife getting sent home, that's me!" . I'm gonna miss them!! 

We spoke in church and it was overall a fun experience. With restrictions lifting more people can come so we had about 155 at one of our wards. It looked and felt insane. Contrast that to 15 last week in one of our wards. But giving talks was fun. I invited lots of non members I'm talking to on Facebook and a few came.During my talk I shared an experience I hadn't planned on sharing when I planned out my talk on paper. I just went by the spirit. It was cool bcs afterwards one of the Facebook people texted me and said she needed to specifically hear that part and needed that reminder as she's struggling with the same thing rn. So she's the reason the spirit pushed me to say that and I'm glad I followed it. Its cool how God works with the individuals. Maybe it touched more than just her, but even if it was only her, it was worth it and a great experience.

Hope everyone enjoys the beautiful warm weather!! 

Love,

Elder Fiore 


1. Backing! (its dumb)
2. Northcott, President Keung and me!
3. President Keung, me, Sister Keung
4. Bunnies that they eat
5. The chair broke as I was sitting on it :(


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Homecoming!

 To say we were excited is an understatement! I spoke with Zach that morning before he left: We were all anxiously awaiting at the airport! ...