Monday, May 24, 2021

Week 89: Welcome to the CEM

 Welcome to another week in my life! 


Tuesday was our huge missionary meeting, zone conference, and we had all the Calgary area missionaries come. So it was a party. So many missionaries I haven't seen in months and because we don't really get anyone new I know literally every missionary in the mission except like 2. So it was insanely fun socially, but meh spiritually. Overall the takeaway was we need the spirit and faith in the work which I couldn't agree with more. The other aspect I don't as much is all the cleaning and chore stuff they got on us about. That was very annoying. 

After grinding in the week, a lot of the weekend was fun service since it got a little warmer. And we had some drama with that. Some of our leaders were like "service isn't as effective" and I'm like "I didn't come here to just be "effective'". So I hate that kind of mission culture and I came here to help people in all ways.

The first dope service was planting flowers at the temple with some of our members and other missionaries. So that was awesome and lots of people will be able to enjoy them! I got very sunburnt. 

Secondly we participated in Alberta's highway cleanup with one of our wards picking up garbage on the side of the road and it was pretty where we were. Didn't get anything too weird sadly. But we did accidentally leave the mission boundaries and into the Canada Edmonton mission for the cleanup. Hehe.

Thirdly we helped the Jacksons put up a fence for their garden and it was super fun. Talking and being with them was fun, being outside, but even the actual work of the fence was super fun! Also did some archery and had ice cream cake. Good afternoon. 

So overall a great week and it's starting to warm up which makes life way more enjoyable. We had a couple outdoor visits this week and man were they nice. I like service because it is increasing our love for others and God and not expecting anything in return. But ultimately when we expect nothing, we get lots! Physical and spiritual blessings!

And quickly, speaking of blessings, we started teaching Blessing! She was super into it but got scared and uncomfortable with a few things. I could visibly see that, but I clutched her not running away forever.  She'll come around. She's a doctor too which I didn't realize. 

Hope everyone has a great start to may! 

Love,

Elder Fiore 

1. Fence with the Jacksons
2.temple! 
3.temple w more missionaries 
4.temple w my son
5-6 Highway cleanup 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Homecoming!

 To say we were excited is an understatement! I spoke with Zach that morning before he left: We were all anxiously awaiting at the airport! ...