Monday, May 24, 2021

Week 90: Lunch under the rain is the new sleep under the stars

 Another week has come and gone and not too much to report on yet again! Happy late Mother's day! 


We went to the temple on Wednesday which was super fun. We were supposed to go with a few people for their first time, and a few first time in years, but they couldn't come for various last minute reasons sadly:(. But we still did baptisms and felt the spirit of the temple! We had a very funny name for one of them and elder Northcott couldn't stop laughing for a full minute. It was super awkward but funny. Even the old workers were laughing and winked at us. It was a good time. Definitely different in Covid, but it was cool how personal and quiet it was. 

Service projects continued and this week was laying down huge tarps in a garden, of course on the windiest day possible. So they kept flying up and ripping our pegs out. So we went hard in a panic, throwing random stuff on them and putting them in tight. It was a grind, but nice to get out.

We got out another time with a nice meal with members. The only downside was it was raining. We actually ate outside in the rain with members. There was no coverage. It was wet and cold but fun. It was just light rain at least, but consistently coming down. Afterwards we went to the church and watched a devotional that their newly returned missionary daughter was in. It was fun and they're a cool family. 

As I've been studying I keep realizing how good the Book of Mormon actually is. I was having a horrible day and I just wrote down some of my questions/sadness and then randomly started reading in the book of mormon. I filled like a page of notes with new insights and realizations I got from a random chapter I just opened up to. A chapter I had previously read and didn't think much of. It's crazy how answers are found in the book. Some answers clearly written out, some are means for the spirit to tell me. And it was crazy just seeing the comfort come from it. I really love the book of mormon, more and more with each experience! 

Time really is flying by, in spite of pretty normal weeks. It's been hard lately, but there have been good moments too that I will miss. 

Hope everyone has a great week!

Love, 

Elder Fiore 

1. I'm always tired
2-3. Gardening - he was really stressed about us bringing hats and then worried when we didn't. It was kinda weird but nice.
4. Stampeders 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Homecoming!

 To say we were excited is an understatement! I spoke with Zach that morning before he left: We were all anxiously awaiting at the airport! ...