Monday, May 24, 2021

Week 88: Received a blessing under the fig tree

 This week was very not eventful but somehow went by fast so I can't complain, ya know. As long as it's going quick and we're trying to do good, which we really are.


We had a dope member visit with a young couple, and the guy qualified to the 2012 Olympics for boxing, but ended up going on a mission instead. (His wife brought it up, he wasn't flexing haha). 

 Saturday, though it wasn't too warm, we did "out & about" for what we had planned to be like 30 minutes  but ended up being 2 hours cause it was just so fun talking and inviting people. We also went with different comps so I got to know someone new! We talked to an old couple on their first date, chased an old lady speed walking, a Chinese couple, spoke korean to a korean family (i learnt how to introduce myself in Lethbridge) and finally had a nice 30 minute talk with a preacher which ended with a crazy prayer from him, a prayer from elder Cottrel and a prayer from me. It was super fun. (Btw no one really accepted any invitations or to meet, but still so good). We got some numbers and an ig later though ;). That night ended with a nice family call since it was my mom's birthday.

Sunday we literally had a miracle. Sorry this is a bit long... 
It hasn't played out yet so I can't get too hyped, but I'll mention it before I forget. To preface, Sunday morning I was writing, and I wrote that I was sad I hadn't found someone new who is actually super interested in a long time and I really wanted a "miracle person" who was prepared and interested. And I wrote that I knew God could help us find one, and I don't know why He's not since I feel I'm doing all I can physically and spiritually. So Sunday afternoon, we get a bible referral from FB and go and drop the bible off. She no shows at first, but we decided to stick around. She then called and apologized a bunch, and we were right over. I told her we were missionaries and shared a message about Christ and families. She then invited us into her apartment foyer to hear more and had us sit on the couches where we taught her what we do as missionaries and talked about how we teach lessons and stuff. She is a mom of a family of 4, who recently moved from Nigeria and she wants to learn more. So we set up an appointment for next week, got her number and she seems very not flakey and normal. It was insane. And since God has a sense of humor I guess, and so that I didn't miss His huge hand in this, her name is literally Blessing. I was so hyped. So excited and hoping it works out!! I think it will bcs of how much had to work out for us to meet! 

So yea moral of that miracle was God sees us, He hears us, He's there for us. As it says in John 1: 48 " Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee." God saw me under my "fig tree", sad we couldn't find someone new to teach and he blessed me literally the same day. Faster than amazon. It doesn't always, and hasn't always, gone that way, but he sees us all under our own trees. And now my reaction can be the same as Nathaniel's to Christ: "Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel"!  I've seen that so much on my mission. (These scriptures amazed me when talked about in "The Chosen" which I watched this week. Of course I see that in my own right away!) I probably should've written about this miracle after it plays out next week a bit more, but it's been a theme this week, so why not. Maybe this is faith! 

Know that Christ sees you where you are right now. He knows how you are feeling and he's there for you.

Love,

Elder Fiore 



1. Waiting for blessing
2. Meeting in which we talk about a meeting in which we report on meetings 
3. Free ESL makes you happy AND cool
4. Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Homecoming!

 To say we were excited is an understatement! I spoke with Zach that morning before he left: We were all anxiously awaiting at the airport! ...