Sunday, March 28, 2021

Week 82: Actually won a Bible bash!

 Hey everyone!! 


We had zone conference this week, a big missionary meeting which was fine. Good change of pace for a day. 

The weather has also been super nice, so we actually had an in person dinner with a member and it was awesome  just seeing people in person. Ate on their back deck and it was like 18 which was unexpected. So that was kind of the week's highlight. 

We also met with someone who was formerly taught and it was lowkey a bible bash and book of mormon argument but every concern I was actually able to answer to the point he was satisfied. It didn't get contentious at all and ended with him saying he'd want to meet again and he will actually read the book of mormon instead of just picking through it looking for faults. So it was super fun! Elder Stringham did not participate much but after he said he's glad I just kept going bcs he didn't know what to say lol. But that was also in person, so even better! 

I got a bloody nose mid prayer too in a lesson and it got on my shirt and another member gave us a bunch of proposal and marriage advice then got fired up and excited about missionary work after our message so that was cool! 

In Spite of tedious days at times, we are still slowly continuing on! Kind of a grind at times and awesome at others. But I spent like an hour writing all the whys I am even here. For others, for Christ and for myself. I have liked a page and a half of whys, so I go on. We need a why for everything we do. So ask yourself "why" and it'll either tell you to continue on or change paths a little. That's been a theme for me this week.

Hope everyone has a great day and march! A year ago we got Tahiti quarantined and all the madness started. Who would've thought I'd be out in Calgary now. Life is crazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Homecoming!

 To say we were excited is an understatement! I spoke with Zach that morning before he left: We were all anxiously awaiting at the airport! ...