Sunday, March 28, 2021

Week 83: Two new hobbies, one more cover safe

 Hello everyone!! 


After many weeks of routine and not insanely fun, I was desperate for some change. If for nothing else, for the email. And this week, though it still had its challenges, was pretty good!!

On thursday we went to the mission office to get supplies and mail. We then  headed downtown to drop it off to others in another district. They were just chillin, so we were with them a bit, and then they told us they found out that the APs (assistant to the presidents) street contact (talk to people seeing if they're interested in learning about christ) we can have  "out and about" time and we're meant to talk with people casually, but they go a bit far. But then I realized I haven't actually legitimately street contacted in English. So I just went with one of the elders, downtown calgary, neither of our areas, and street contacted a little!! We talked to like 10 people. One pretended to be on the phone, two put their beer cans in my face to show they weren't interested, and some were nice! We wore masks and kept distant and made it look casual but it was super fun and a beautiful day. 

Another super fun bit was doing family history. Seems like that wouldn't be fun, but I found out 2 lines on my family tree on one site straight up weren't my family and I didnt know how to fix it so I hit up a member who loves doing family history thinking he'd just say what to do over text.  He said he'd help and we planned a time to meet at the church. To our surprise he had set up two monitors and we went through so many people in detail. He fixed the problem, taught me lots, and he had a bunch of info book marked for me! He showed me three of the houses of one of my great great grandfathers, showed me an article on his job, exactly what he did, where he worked, a map from that day. He went hard on researching for me to show us these people can come alive. It was so fun and he gave me lots of direction. So that was super cool.

And to end, we taught a new guy this week and shared about Joseph Smith and the restoration and it was pretty spiritual. We then asked if he had any questions, and he said he did, then asked "can I finish my ramen". We kinda laughed and said yea, then he took an entire pack's worth, shoved it in his mouth, most of it hanging out into the container, and he started just sipping it up aggressively. I couldn't not laugh and the member was dying too (an old guy). The guy we taught then said, "you guys can keep talking" as he took another big slurp. So that was nice. 

Oh and also I got official news I'll be finishing my mission in the Canada Calgary mission! I expected it as I only have 4 months left, and president expected it too I guess as he told me in the most casual, chill way. He just threw it into a convo lol. But yea, not what I expected as my mission at the start, and not what I would've wanted before, but it's chill now. A lesson this teaches me is don't stress about the future, it'll be okay regardless. If a year ago you told me I'd finish and serve 14 months here I'd be so stressed and sad, but now having lived it I'm fine and it's been great. No point stressing before when the actual moment is okay.

Hope everyone has a great week and that it's warming up everywhere! March has flown by, thank goodness. 

Love,

Elder Fiore 

1. Alberta
2. Movie night
3. Missionary
4. Family history
5. Calgary with giles
6. Sky.
7. Calgary with me 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Homecoming!

 To say we were excited is an understatement! I spoke with Zach that morning before he left: We were all anxiously awaiting at the airport! ...