Sunday, January 17, 2021

Week 73: The negative side of moves

 Hello hello!


Another week in the bridge. Maybe the last time you'll hear that??! Maybe not. I'm very nervous for transfers. I had interviews with President and he was dropping hints for both sides it was wack.

In covid news: I had my first Covid test this week! We helped some people with a move and a guy living at the house tested positive. So 8 of us missionaries had to get tested. Easiest decision of my life was going throat instead of nose. I tested negative dont worry! 
We helped another person w a move after a panic text, but they were furniture hoarders it seemed. We got there and their whole backyard was covered in furniture just randomly thrown outside. It was quite the unorganized overwhelming experience. He kept giving us random things w no order, so the truck had the most unusable dead space possible. I felt bad when we left. 

Taylor's baptism happened and was amazing! Her now husband and returned member (we call it returning but he's now returned) was able to baptize her! We taught them both equally and consistently over the last 6 months! Huge pro to being here so long! I saw him quit smoking, them quit drugs, get married and come back to church fully! Their change is incredible and I'm so thankful to be a part of it! Taylor was found through randomly messaging people on fb asking if they want to learn more! She did, she has, and here we are! The baptism was beautiful and I was able to speak at it! Their whole story is a huge miracle!!

I tried goose jerky and it was bad. 
But a member got us ribs and it was good. We had a lucky meal week of popeyes, then $60- I got burgers w a gift card a different member gave us, then lots of ribs! Back to back to back. Maybe I wanna stay here longer? Jk. 

I asked President Keung how we can know if our will and desires are aligned with God's. How we can know we aren't praying in vain for something over and over. He pretty much said my will is aligned and if the things I want dont  harm someone, then they usually are aligned. But I have to be patient. Heavenly Father wants us to have everything. Wants us to be blessed and wants the best for us. But He has different timing. So we can be diligent and faithful in prayer for something, but the third element that I always forget is patience. Patience is needed and the blessings we ask for will come. More blessings than we can imagine will come. We just have to be patient. So it is with transfers, missions, family, and life in general. I'll be faithful and diligent in all that I do and all the work I put in. But also patient. Trusting in God is trusting His timing. 

Hope you all have a great week!

Love, 

Elder Fiore


Ribs
Goose
Move
Taylor's baptism!!!
Me- I made that tie with Rachael! She wasn't happy about it in the moment but now look where it got her. On the weekly. Eternal perspective.

and some extras!



























No comments:

Post a Comment

The Homecoming!

 To say we were excited is an understatement! I spoke with Zach that morning before he left: We were all anxiously awaiting at the airport! ...