Sunday, January 17, 2021

Week 71: Tech is Clutch!

 Merry Christmas!!!


Glad that's over.

Just kidding it was good! But I am glad it was my last Christmas on my mission! I looked to this moment a lot last year and wanted to be here! And here we are! 

Christmas was probably different for all this year, but I hope we were able to enjoy it as much as possible within these circumstances and that everyone had a great time. Our Christmas was insanely chill. 

Christmas eve day was spent delivering cards to members, picking up gifts for sister Campbell and wrapping them (her package didn't come so she had nothing. Her companion's mom ordered stuff for curbside pickup for her that we were able to get and wrap! We then dropped it off at her door as a surprise!) I also was able to call home for my family's christmas eve program , and lastly, we had some meetings over zoom as a zone and mission for Christmas! It was fun. 

Christmas day was so chill. Our mission pres knew there's no point trying to work since we can't enter homes or do visits or anything really, so he said just chill and talk w family. So that's what we did all day. We were able to call home to open gifts with people back home, and talked all day. We also did a district call to open gifts! Having wifi and technology here is an incredible blessing that I am so so grateful for. In the day we also dropped off some cards, saw some members at a church, met up w our mission president and watched a virtual mission talent show! So overall it was a pretty good Christmas but still sad being away from home and family! 

The rest of the week was slow since people don't really want to meet in between christmas and new years. It's the no routine chill time so it has been an apartment bound struggle! But we made it through! Just some long days! Also everything being over tech definitely doesn't help! 

I've really been trying to think that it's not about results but consistent effort. Then God will do the rest and control results.  I'm trying to do what's in my control consistently trying my best and then hopefully results will come. Even if the results are different from what I want. When we work hard and give things our all, results may not be success in the outcome we go for, but maybe self growth, or being an example, or helping someone else. We don't always choose what comes, but we choose our effort and are blessed for that! 

Happy new year everyone. Talk to you next year! Haha classic. 

Love,

Elder Fiore 

Linking up w pres christmas day. That's my new fleece
Christmas with the Renauds
Christmas eve dinner (tbh we didn't eat this but ordered pizza and got cheese. Traditions are important)
Mission zoom in our matching shirts we got from a missionary's mom(hope she's rich)
Christmas day view! It's a tradition now. We did the same in Tahiti
Nana Elfie Muhu Muhu
District christmas eve
Christmas eve family zoom!

I added a bunch extra too!
























No comments:

Post a Comment

The Homecoming!

 To say we were excited is an understatement! I spoke with Zach that morning before he left: We were all anxiously awaiting at the airport! ...