Saturday, December 19, 2020

Week 69: Northern Light Pillars

 Hey everyone! Thanks for tuning into another week of me in the BRIDGE


So restriction updates: 
Last p day my president went strict strict and added an incredible amount of restrictions like no leaving the house, everything virtual, no members feeding us etc etc. Slowly over the week every restriction was removed and it's back to how it has been the last few weeks haha. We can work in churches, have meetings in person w missionaries, eat member meals. So life is fine and prayer works. 

One HUGE pro that came from this is that when we found out we'd be homebound, weaver and I kind of freaked out, so we full sent and asked our upstairs neighbour (ian from south africa) if we could have his password for wifi. He was shocked we hadn't had wifi this whole time and w a cheeky smile gave us the password. So now we have even more freedom before (not having to always go to the church everytime) and I have wifi in my house for the first time on my mission. So miracles w awkward boldness!

Alright so onto this week!

Megan was baptized!!!! When I met her she was living with someone not married, a heavy smoker, on some other stuff and back and forth with her interest. After months, a wedding and some ups and downs, she is now BAPTIZED! A completely different person and you can just tell by her countenance and spirit. It is amazing. Her baptism was a bit hectic w a lot of people attending over zoom and I felt like I was running all over the place, but it was so awesome and spiritual. When she chose her wedding date for late November which meant possible baptism in December (back in july) I lowkey hoped I'd be out of lethbridge by now haha. But instead I got to work closely with her for the last while and see this amazing step! So yay Megan! 

Also, we thought we saw the northern lights! We walked away from a dessert pickup (we get way too many desserts especially now that Christmas is coming), and I saw light in the sky looking northern light like. We had read possible chance of seeing them so we freaked out. I called everyone I could, then we jumped in the car and drove south to leave lethbridge. As we were leaving town the "northern lights" were gone but it looked like spotlights everywhere, especially to the north. So we were confused. I took to facebook in my aurora chasing group and found out what we were seeing are "light pillars" caused by light reflecting off ice crystals in the atmosphere. They're still rare and beautiful so that was a really fun experience. Watching them though in the -25 degree weather was a little chilly though! Just the adrenaline of chasing them was fun!

The work is going well and I've implemented a new daily system of small tasks/goals we are working on  which we've seen success with already and started teaching a new guy! 

Also members have been clutch and we are getting stuff for christmas already! I got a really nice candle extra bcs a member knew I liked candles. 

Hope everyone has a great week leading up to Christmas! Covid Christmas is different but the reason for Christmas is the same. We can still celebrate the Christ child and the adult Christ. Maybe even celebrate Him better this year? All I know is that peace and joy can better come in times of fear. I love Christmas!


Love, 

Elder Fiore 

The order of pics love changing but I feel like you could figure out what's what.

Megan's baptism!!
 Homemade nativity 
 New socks @sister Francis 
light pillars
district council!
wifi password!
Soup kitchen
District council w Prez

















Extras (extra up top too, lol)




















No comments:

Post a Comment

The Homecoming!

 To say we were excited is an understatement! I spoke with Zach that morning before he left: We were all anxiously awaiting at the airport! ...