Saturday, March 7, 2020

Week 28: Mission was extended :(

Saturday was tough cause it shouldve been March smh. An extra day of the mission kind of. Felt like it. But it was actually a good day. Just extra.

Best part of the week was meeting a sculptor who specialized in making wood pigs for some reason. His reason was because he likes pigs. So I bought a mini one and gave him a Book of Mormon (and money). My pigs name is Axton. Acts 10. Who understands? It's so funny. I like Axton. 

We also did a hype service project in the pouring rain cutting down a palm tree that half fell. It was so fun. Twice members just picked up coconuts, cut it with a machete and gave it to me to drink. So Tahiti . There's no chance I would've gone to a service like that with that weather at home, so I'm glad being on a mission opened that door.

We taught Mami Anna a word of wisdom lesson, and got offered iced tea to take home immediately after finishing.  It was awkward telling her she can't have that anymore. She understood kind of. She tried to convince us she doesnt know it's iced tea so she can keep drinkng it, but we had to explain since now she knows she shouldn't. Mami Anna is always confused. 

We also had a fun movie night with church movies my mom sent. It was a Sunday night which made me feel like a home Sunday. It was great. We hit our 10 hours of work in the rain then headed home to watch movies. I can't explain how nice it was. Blankets and all.

My morning anxiety was a lot better this week for the most part. That was super good and I'm extremely grateful for that. Turning to Christ has worked thus far. I'll keep trying.

Love 

Elder Fiore

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Homecoming!

 To say we were excited is an understatement! I spoke with Zach that morning before he left: We were all anxiously awaiting at the airport! ...