Sunday, January 19, 2020

Week 21: Bye Bye Faaa


Yup you read it right. I'm leaving Faaa and am hyped. It was sad leaving the ward and saying by but I really needed the fresh start for sure. I'm getting ahead of myself though...

So i did some splits again this week and went to a place called "Oremu" with Elder Cowley. It took an hour and a half walk up a mountain to get to the area where we taught english and visited. It was so hot that day that even Tahitians were complaining. It as rough but hype. But yea, different than a car.

I also got a haircut in the chapelle in a classroom for free from a member. Missionary life.

I also organized and lead a service project cleaning garbage at a member's house. We found many t shirts, toys and a dead dog. A full dead dog. It was insane. We filled over 24 bags like 200L each. Nuts.

But yea transfers were the hype part. I'm in Arue (Ah rou way) in Pare (pah reh) and it's still city which I'm a little sad about; other than that looks lit and I have a part that is jungle which I'm  in right this moment; It's super close to Papeete too so best of both worlds I guess. I also have the big hospital for French Polynesia in my sector so lots of blessings. Bike area too which I'm happy about. Oh yea and an American comp, Elder Wilkinson! So happy for english wow; he's super nice.

I got 12 ties this week wow.

Have a great week everyone

Elder Fiore




Mom's note:

Zach had a ton of pictures he was disappointed he didn't have internet to download. He showed me a bunch on our call - he had taken pictures with all the members of his ward in Faaa. Despite all the ups and downs and challenges, he has loved the people he has served. He is excited to serve in this new area which is apparently very busy and he's looking forward to being exhausted from serving. He is feeling better  - I'd say he's worked his way up to being about 60% better - which is a big improvement from where he was a few weeks ago. Certainly his trials have helped him grow and develop in ways I did not think were possible  - they have helped us all grow as his family too. Looking forward to a new chapter for him in Arue. 

I'm going to add some photos that he downloaded but I'm not sure where and when they re from!














No comments:

Post a Comment

The Homecoming!

 To say we were excited is an understatement! I spoke with Zach that morning before he left: We were all anxiously awaiting at the airport! ...