Friday, January 10, 2020

Week 20: 2020 in Toronto


Happy New Year everyone.

I had an unexpected surprise and facetimed home exactly at midnight in Toronto and watched the ball drop w family. It was very fun and unexpected. 2020 is crazy. Full year in Tahiti. Gonna be a tough one lol. I also went to bed at 10 New Years Eve which was sad, but that made it so the Toronto New Years was truly mine too. 

I did another mini split and loved not being in the car again. I also invited a person I taught for the first time, to baptism. I don't know why I invited the ami they're teaching but he said yes. I did the whole lesson too while my comp did a lesson with someone else at the same time next to us. Two lessons at the same time. That's efficient missionary work. I also set up an english tutoring session and taught 8 kids basic intro english. 

Back in my sector we taught a new convert how to get a guy and gave her love and flirting advice. 

We had a poke bowl too which was good and the people we were eating with were freaking out over how many veggies there were the whole meal. Shredded carrots and sliced cucumber. They don't eat many veggies here - it's difficult. But as their son said, we are spoiled to have so much. There are more veggies in a burger smh.

We also had someone get up in front of all in testimony meaning and not only sing a song, which is weird in itself, but chose a song for the ward to sing. About a third of people sang and the pianist did an awkward head shake when asked to play. It was fun and she's crazy. She tickled me after. And pinched me. 

I'm the king too according to gallet to roi, Three King day thing, 12 days after Christmas. I got a little Mexican head in my cake, so of course I win. It was weird but fun.

I've started just planning all our days and have been filling them so we've been a lot busier. Its made days a lot more hard working and fun.  Because I plan all now tho and my comp doesn't care, I've made it so there's literally nothing on a day I'm doing another split, going to another area. I don't want to miss anything haha. So we have every day extremely booked this week, like hour by hour full and jam packed already, and then Wednesday completely empty. Oh well. I have to start planning lessons Wednesday though cause there's no other time this week free. I like planning the days -  it's fun. 

I got 3 free ties too.

In the same crazy testimony meeting there was a 10 year old boy who went up all alone. He spoke for like three min then starting sweating a lot, deep breathing and crying. His dad came up and literally just stood behind him closely. The little boy looked up at his dad, nodded in a I can do this way, then finished well. The silent support of his dad was beautiful. We have support no matter where we are and what we are doing. We have friends and family and Heavenly Father standing behind us, there for us. It was a beautiful moment. 

Transfers are next week and I'm tryna leave lol. I hope i do.

Have a great week everyone

Elder Fiore

1 Conatcting
2. Given food yum
3. mountain
4. Lotus hills view of moorea i have all the time
5.King








Mom note: It was the best surprise to hear from him on NYE and have him there to ring in the NY! The past couple of weeks have been super super challenging, but he has been getting stronger and it has been nice to have more contact with him to help him get stronger. Here's a few more pictures from his week:







Daily views and activities:










Replacing the stickers:



More views and daily life:













No comments:

Post a Comment

The Homecoming!

 To say we were excited is an understatement! I spoke with Zach that morning before he left: We were all anxiously awaiting at the airport! ...