Friday, November 20, 2020

Week 65: No Need to learn Japanese when you can learn the language of love

 Hey everyone! 


After a couple weeks on the down low, covid is back present in my life. We had great month of entering homes masked, but can no longer do that. Back to either outdoor, church or zoom. So mainly zoom. That was sad news and zoom meetings really arent too satisfying. But we've had lots! Lots of member appointments and some great lessons!  Tons of cancellations too, unfortunately. It's been tedious and a bit lonely with the restrictions but all good! We adapt 

We had a banger lesson with Xander, Micheal, blade and Carmen (recent converts) . They started all together then xander and micheal got in an argument and Xander left. Classic. So we finished with Micheal and the gang and then taught Xander after. It's hard to control them and keep them chill over zoom. But despite that I felt the spirit and they were hyped gospel wise after. I felt we really taught to their needs! 

We also had a great lesson with Joe (a student from Japan). I know all the drama in their high school and for their group of friends from them and other teenage members in the area, so we just chatted about high school life, drama, and girls.  I gave Asher (Joe's member friend. It was also his 18th birthday btw) some great dating advice. So great that we briefly broke social distancing rules and he dapped me up.They said they'd never expect advice and questions like I asked from a missionary. I reminded them I'm only a year older. So like 45 minutes just chillin and talking and then a seamless transition to the law of chastity! Great lesson in a church on couches we found that reminded us of a home. I feel like we all really bonded from that lesson and just hanging out a bit. Definitely helped me connect with Joe and Asher and become tight. My love of advice giving always pays off. 

This week had some discouraging moments with more restrictions added, and it was definitely hard. But the work goes on. We find joy in the little things and the gospel always! The hard parts here are hard but the good is just so good! I love being a missionary. Some times more than others haha.

Have a great week!! Love you all! 

Elder Fiore

I got to the end of the week and realized I had like no pictures. So I told that to our final appointments yesterday and clutched them. Gotta keep it interesting for those who read this far ;). Also they're hype ppl to have pictures of

1. I love sweaters cause ties can be whatever length
2. I really liked this picture a lot. We have angels all around us truly
3.Brother Pinchak! we've met with him weekly since june! He gives us his credit card sometimes to pick up lunch for us all. 
4. Us, Japanese Joe, and Asher on his birthday. 
5. ZOOM meetings! Classic setup. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

The Homecoming!

 To say we were excited is an understatement! I spoke with Zach that morning before he left: We were all anxiously awaiting at the airport! ...