Saturday, September 28, 2019

Week 6: Too matchy matchy means no matchy matchy... except here!

Hello everyone! 

Another great week has passed rapidly here at the MTC. Its the last week for 4 people in our district going to Africa. 3 more for me and the other Tahiti missionaries though! 

I might as well be famous now. On every Tuesday devotional we sing in the choir and they have cameras on the jumbo screen. I sat front row with Pugh and literally got on camera 4 different times for more than half the song total. I kept looking a laughing. I also did a cheeky eyebrow raise which Sis. Clement even noticed! 

Speaking of Sis. Clement, I see her all the time! We have an exercise time together, have had some dinners and caf exchanges, choir and then just some encounters around campus. So fun.Apparently she talked about it in her email, so its common cutesy for me to do the same. I also accidentally matched her one day super well, and pretty well another. Dont worry, we got photos.

I also Matched Elder Pugh! But really well, since we bought matching ties! They were meant to be 17, but the lady blessed us and charged us 11 saying they weren't floral enough, despite it being floral. So we got to match too. All this matching explains the subject! Wow! The part before the ... is one of my original sayings, in case you were wondering. 

I reached an all time low (or high??) for cheapness. I had been using shampoo someone gave me as to not waste mine. I unfortunately lost it and was gonna have to use my own! Luckily  I found shampoo left in the bathroom and squirted some into my hand. I then walked into the shower holding loose shampoo I had found and used that. I then went to the lost and found t find my free lost shampoo and found out that they have a free section for lost and found if its been there longer than 10 weeks! So I got body wash, shampoo, and a tie! Never again will I buy shampoo here. Thats a pro MTC tip by the way. 

Lastly, I got a free haircut and she was RECKLESS. All caps on purpose. She only used a razor. Took 5 minutes. People keep laughing at me cause its so short too. 

Ive been using my study times a lot more diligently and have been studying commandments a lot more cause thats the lesson weve been focusing on a lot more. I used to look at them as a set of rules only, and never really looked at the blessings we are promised if we follow them. Like looking at a job description but not pay. Ive come to realize how great these "restrictions" truly are by looking at what is promised, even if some are harder. That there are clear blessings and rewards promised, and that is why we follow them. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend. This time next week ill know some Tahitian!

Love,

Elder Fiore


1. Me and clement matching (tie with dress) and following pg 33 well
2. Me and Pugh matching. Clement kind of.
3. Me and Pugh actually matching
4. Birthday Boy Tracy!
5. Still Tracys birthday but less attention on him!





********** Mom notes:

Oh my gosh this child of mine makes me laugh so hard. Where does he get this "frugalness" (I'll be nice and call it this???!!) I am known to be more on the frugal side and there is definitely some frugal in his Busing genes (My Mom's side of the family), but this is too much!!!  Background story is that he has limited room to take shampoo to Tahiti - it is heavy and his bags are weighed down but they suggested bringing as much as possible. So he did not want to use what he brought all up in the MTC. I told him to buy some stuff at the MTC and just use that there - but he seems to have found his own way, lol.

We had a nice FaceTime call with him. He told us it was a very long trip back to the MTC last week after he flew home to Toronto for the day. When he arrived at the airport he had to wait for a shuttle and then the shuttle took others home first so it took him a few hours to get back to the MTC. 

He said his French is coming along but it's hard to tell exactly how far. He had a good base going in so he said he hasn't seen the drastic improvements that others have seen coming in with no French. But he knows once he gets to Tahiti there will be a huge learning curve speaking with native speakers! They start Tahitian this week and he is super nervous. He has been self studying and sees it's pretty challenging. He'll do great though. His biggest challenge will be not getting to perfection - he has a tendency to want things to be the best they can be - he will have to learn to take risks and go for things even when he's not completely sure. He aims for A+ work always but will have to learn to start with B work and just keep going from there. It will be a great experience for him to just have to trust the Lord!

Funny how he mentioned in his last paragraph about following the rules. Over at our family blog, Raising Flowers and Skids,  I'm talking about rules and why they have so many. I love that he talks about the commandments (I don't  specifically talk about them in my post) and how following those kind of rules can bring great blessings . So they act as protection, as well as provide blessings. 

Here are a few extra photos - showing his short haircut, lol, as well as ties that he found in the lost and found. I think the lost and found is his new favourite place. And he LOVES ties. LOL







***If you have questions about what a mission even is - then you might want to check out 
some Q&A's at our family blog Raising Flowers and Skids












No comments:

Post a Comment

The Homecoming!

 To say we were excited is an understatement! I spoke with Zach that morning before he left: We were all anxiously awaiting at the airport! ...