Sunday, March 28, 2021

Week 80: Companion one and done

 Yooo


New transfer here in the far north of the mission. And elder Johnson is no longer :(((. It came as a huge surprise and the first time I've only been with a companion for one. Of course its someone I got along with really well! It didnt feel long enough together, but I got... elder Stringham!!! 3rd in a row from Utah! He came out w Johnson, so is at about 20 months! So far he's awesome, teaches me ukelele and is fun! I think this too will be a great transfer. I love getting to know new people and they're always way different than I expect! 

Before transfers, last pday with Elder Johnson we had quite an adventure. We were bored in Airdrie and decided to go on a drive west. We got caught in thick fog so we couldn't turn around. We then realized we only had 30 km of fuel, Airdrie was 35 away and another city further west, Cochrane, was 25! So we decided just to go to that other city! (which is technically not allowed, but we had to! And its in our zone so). From there we figured wed just go further west into the rocky mountains! So that was BEAUTIFUL. Went on the Moorly reserve and stuff. I saw some beautiful mountains, bison and mountain goats! It was a super fun day trip haha.

The highlight of the actual week was that we found a $200 "guitalele" with a broken string. We simply and easily fixed the string and its perfect now. The missionary who bought it and left it said I can have it! So it's like a mini guitar and I'm tryna swap it at a music store for a ukelele. Great apartment find!

We tried to walk a dog and the owner just gave us the door code for us to take him whenever. The problem is he thought we were breaking in the house so he got mad then scared and hid upstairs. We tried to go get him but he was so scared and wasnt even responding to classic dog words like walk or treat! So we left dogless in Seattle. We enjoyed the nice weather though shoveling that same day and the woman we shoveled for trojan horsed gift cards in with some chocolate as a thank you! 

I was making some goals for how I could better develop a specific christlike attribute this transfer, something we normally do as missionaries each transfer. This transfer I chose hope. 
Something I realized when setting goals/plans was that there was one thing I did last transfer for humility that I equally needed to do for hope. Though it's similar and simple, I needed to specifically do it again. To pray for it! One of the most important things in achieving goals or plans is often overlooked! It often seems silly thinking "prayer" when thinking of things we can do, but that really is the best tool for everything! That should always be the first on the list for any plan or road to achieving anything. We want a job? A score on a test? A time for a run? We need to plan for work, but also for faith! I love prayer and know it works.

Have a great week everyone! February flew by!

Love,

Elder Fiore 


1. Elder Stringham!!
2. Bye elder johnson. Final selfie 
3. Bye elder johnson for real.
4- rocky mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Homecoming!

 To say we were excited is an understatement! I spoke with Zach that morning before he left: We were all anxiously awaiting at the airport! ...